Monday, April 9, 2007

Spring is here!

I don't know if this is true for the rest of you, but spring has arrived in Elbeyli. It is a beautiful warm day, with blue skies, larks singing continuously, and incredibly green fields. Add to this the colorful shepherds with their flocks and the marvelous Turkish and Syrian villages that dot the countryside, and you have something out of a storybook.

Yesterday, as I was watching a hamster burrow, an orange, black, and white moth/butterfuly (I don't know which) sunned itself next to me on a mottled gray rock. We just sat in silence and watched nothing happen at the burrow.

And today, the flowers in our courtyard are starting to bloom. Any time now, our rose bush will burst forth.

I hope your days are as lovely as this!

No comments:

Contributors