Monday, March 12, 2007

Miscellany

We got two more hamsters today! A male and a female - both now have transmitters and are happily beeping away in the field. I'm a little worried about the male, though. When we released him, he wasn't so keen on re-entering the burrow at which we trapped him. So we suspect he was visiting this burrow in hopes of finding a female... so we just hope he made it back to his home in one piece (and that we can find him again). I realized I haven't talked much about our daily life. I'm really not going to do that now, but I thought I'd leave you with the fact that our shower water is heated by the sun, so if we have a cloudy day, we have no hot water. But if it is very sunny, the water is scalding. I also thought I'd leave you with a photo of our toilet. Enjoy.



No comments:

Contributors